Some things change (edamame) - some things don't (peas and carrots). I went to lunch at Ensign Elementary School with James and Kate last month. I wanted to check out their school lunch situation. I'd heard the food had gone downhill because it was all prepared offsite. Maybe my expectations were low, but I thought it was decent and better than anything I could put together on a regular basis.

Ben and I have been marketing school lunch to Kate and James. We want them to think it's great and never ask for a home lunch, a project neither of us is willing to take on. My field trip to school lunch was part of that strategy. We tell them how it's a lunch date with their friends every day! It's like a restaurant with lots of choices! I wanted to see the set up and be sure they were seeing all the options and making good choices (fruits and veggies). I also wanted to rave about how great the food was and how much fun it was to go through the line. We're a month into school now and, so far, our kids are big fans of school lunch. It was also fun to go on a lunch date with the two of them again!

No comments:
Post a Comment