Sunday, September 25, 2011

Coming soon to Nordstrom SLC

James and Kate got to participate in an art project that will be installed at the new Nordstrom store that will part of the City Creek Center when it opens next year. Hopefully, their contributions will be on display for years and years to come. Maybe they will even be able to show their kids which pieces they made at the tender age of 6! (Participants had to be at least 4, so, sadly, Robert didn't get to participate.)




Fast forward to March 22, 2012. City Creek Shopping Center opened its doors and a few weeks later I visited Nordstrom to take a look at the finished product. The kids still haven't been to check it out. It will be interested to hear whether they think it's cool or not. I was underwhelmed. I thought the fish were going to be part of a mural on the wall. Turns out they surround the checkout counter in the kids department. Not so cool in my opinion. Still, here they are:

No comments: