
7 weeks after delivering a baby and 5.5 weeks after breaking an ankle . . . I am a muffinman!
A woman at work has been organizing the muffinman challenge each summer for several summers. I have never participated, but thought I'd give it my best effort this year. I didn't think I could do it, but enjoyed proving myself wrong. My daily totals (Sept. 16 - 22) and my co-workers email with the rules are below.
Thanks, Mom, for doing the swimming with me!
From Liz . . .
Dear Potential Muffinman Warriors:
Prepare for the 2011 challenge. Here are the steps:
1. Reply to this email if you want to participate, include:
· your t-shirt size
· preference of short or long sleeve
· whether you want a regular or wicking t-shirt
2. Give Liz $20 (cotton t-shirt) or $30 (wicking t-shirt).
2. Pick your own 7 day consecutive period, ending no later than October 1, 2011.
3. During your designated 7 day period, run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles, and swim 2.4 miles. Split it up however you want over the 7 days. (If necessary, you can hike, walk, use an eliptical machine, or find some other appropriate substitution for the 26.2 mile run, as long as it equals ambulating 26.2 miles).
5. Log your own miles. And remember, lying gnaws at your soul.
6. Celebrate your warrior spirit at a party in early October, location to be determined.
7. Bask in your muffinman glory.
8. Earn a special prize if you complete the challenge in 3 days instead of 7.
No comments:
Post a Comment