Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vacation - Bratislava

Bratislava is the capital city in Slovakia. While on my mission in Vienna, just an hour or so away from Bratislava, I frequently heard people talking about going shopping in Bratislava because prices were so much less than in Vienna. I don't recall what they purchased -- clothes? food? -- but the idea of shopping in Bratislava has stuck with me. Ben and I arrived in Bratislava from Poland very, very late at night. We found a hotel, slept, woke in time for the hotel breakfast and then set out to shop -- or not. I guess I'll just have to let that memory go. We enjoyed a quick visit to Bratislava's simple old city, grabbed some lunch in a pub and watched an exciting soccer match, and then headed off to Budapest.

Castle in Bratislava


We ate lunch in a pub.  There was an international soccer competition underway.  It was quite an experience to be observers as Bratislava won the match with an at-the-end-of-the-game goal!
Garlic soup.  Ben loved it.  And I still loved him after he ate it all.
Here's a nice way to eat zucinni.  Ben was greatful for the change from heavy German foods.
I was happy Bratislava offered a combination of cuisines and I could enjoy some delicious dumplings.

No comments: