Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vacation - Prague

Prague was charming, and quaint, and lovely, and I hope I have a chance to visit again.

View on a walk down from the Prague Castle.
View near the Prague Castle.

An old city gate.
One of a few bridges that connected two sides of the old city.
Czech Republic is known for its glass wares.  Ben was very patient with me as I seemed to think every shop might possibly have something different from the last one I was in.
Clock tower - picture taken on an event walk to the hotel following a concert.
Eating out is one of my favorite parts of traveling - anywhere, but especially abroad.  It's especially nice when it's just Ben and me.  A great time to talk about anything that comes to mind. 
This part of travel, however, was not always something I appreciated.  It's only been the last 10 years or so.  Before that, I was far more interested in making sure I didn't miss any sites and, with a smaller budget, trying to spend as little as possible on food.  It's not as though we eat at the fanciest or most expensive restaurants,
but it is fun to make dining part of the travel experience.

Our first meal in Prague.  At a downstairs pub in the Municipal House.  The dumplings were on the dry side, but everything else was fantastic (at least in my opinion).

Love, love, love European bakeries!
Bakery options.  Hmm, which one do I choose today?
Downtown.
Some of the architecture along the river.
Clock Tower during the day.
close-up of the clock.
Hotel Pod Vezi.  A small, nice hotel steps from the main bridge to the old city.  Perfect location!
Our hotel had a pretty nice breakfast spread each morning!  The freshly squeezed OJ was delicious.
Crepes with nutella on the first morning!
Ben and I spent a fair amount of time considering the purchase of this painting.  We haven't had much luck in prior art purchases abroad.  It seems we like things less after we get home with them.  Jury is still out on this piece.  I think I might wish we had purchased it.  Too late now, of course.

No comments: