Monday, October 18, 2010

documentary photos

Kate spent Friday afternoon taking pictures (or having me take them if she wanted to be in the shot) of some of her favorite possessions. She cracked me up for an hour doing this.

There are about a dozen pictures of this giraffe in various poses - some include her, but most she took herself. "He can stand up all by himself, you know, Julie." (She calls me Julie 90% of the time these days.)

She took several pictures of the animals below. The penguin, Marty, is new; she bought him last week with money she got for her birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Erickson. Of course, my favorite in this series were the few that included the freshly-showered human.

This line could go on and on, but luckily she stopped at 8 animals. These are some of her favorites and one or two I hadn't seen for quite some time. She took the shark, Bruce, for show-and-tell at school last week. He talks.

In the photo below, she is wearing a new shirt she got from Grandma Judd for her birthday. She's ever so serious in this photo because she wants "to be able to remember how cute the shirt is when she is 8 and it doesn't fit anymore." Also, this shirt changes in the sun. This photo is to remember it without sunlight.

Then she instructed me to come outside with her so she could also have a photo of the shirt with sunlight. When she's 8, she wants to "remember it this way too."
And, on a related note: Kate chose a My Little Pony DVD at Blockbuster last week. She was not happy that we only rented the DVD because she wanted to keep it forever. When I told her she could watch it one last time on Sunday because we had to take it back, she asked for my iPhone. She proceeded to take 694 photos (I counted them when I uploaded my iPhone photos) of the TV screen as the movie played so that she could look at the pictures to remember the movie after we took it back. I guess her arms got tired after a while because I overheard her ask Robert to take pictures for her for a little while, which he was more than happy to do. I won't post any of the pictures, but there sure are a lot of photos of the wall where our TV resides. Most of the photos include the TV. Not bad, Robert.

2 comments:

tenacious d said...

This post cracks me up! She is such a funny kid. What prompted her to start calling you by your first name? Does James do it, too?

Leslie said...

I agree with tenacious d...this post is so funny!!! Kate is so FUNNY!!!!