Monday, February 2, 2009

Grandpa's surprise

Grandpa brought home a new puppy tonight and we just couldn't wait to meet the new addition. The kids are smitten with the yet-to-be-named Yorkie. But, it's time to go to our house now. Bedtime. Where is Kate? I found her, lying on her stomach, nose to nose with the puppy through the kennel door.

"Kate, time to go home to sleep."

"Can we come back when we wake up?"

"No, you have school and I have work tomorrow. Would you like to come again tomorrow when I come home from work?"

"Yes, and all the day[s] when you come home from work."


8 comments:

Sherri said...

So sweet! I can't wait to meet the little guy. I love the picture with Robert.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Because puppies are the best!!! Can't wait to see the twins with our own K-9 bro-sis pair. Name suggestion for new Yorkie by Ian: Schmorkie.

tenacious d said...

They're being so sweet with him/her. Are you at all tempted to get your own?

Lisa said...

What a cute dog, when are you guys getting one? : )

Nancy said...

cute! you can tell they love the dog.

and i love kate's new 'do!

Nancy said...

cute! you can tell they love the dog.

and i love kate's new 'do!

Leslie said...

Very sweet and endearing!

2x2momma said...

after seeing 'Marley and Me' I totally want to get a dog for our kids! except hopefully one that will never die... hmmm...