After a super productive day organizing all kinds of things into our new garage on Saturday, we picked up our kids that had been watched in shifts by three family members. We drove into the driveway, unpacked the various bags and other gear that were cluttering my van and left them on the driveway by the side door to take into the house a little later. We put our tired kids to bed and then returned to the garage to work until we were too tired to do another thing. We drove our cars into the garage to make sure we'd left enough space to open doors without banging shelves, etc. Things fit great!I backed the van out of the garage to make some space for one or two more tasks. I backed the van over a small bag holding our nice, expensive MacBook Pro!
The screen looks like shattered glass. The computer makes some noise when we try to turn it on, but without a visual, we don't know if any of our data is retrievable. We'll know the true extent of my stupidity within a couple of days. We'll learn whether the laptop is a covered item under our homeowners policy in the morning and I'm taking the broken laptop to a "Mac Genius" at the Apple Store to see if a data transfer to a new laptop is possible. This idiotic move makes James and Kate's little experiment with Leather Lube seem incredibly trivial.
One more thing: Thanks to my wonderful husband for not saying a million things that have surely been on the tip of his tongue since Saturday night. I love you!
11 comments:
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! that is awful and I am sure super frustrating! Sam drove over his laptop a couple years ago and everything was retrievable, so hopefully things are with yours too.
Also, I am taking my computer with me to Hawaii, to introduce Danny and Ceisha to the world of video chat. Does your desktop have a camera so we can chat?
Ohhh...that bites! I hope that everything comes out in the wash, just like the Leather Lube.
We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!
That stinks! I am so sorry. Hopefully, you'll be able to retrieve all of the data from the computer, it will be covered under your insurance and you'll be able to get a new computer.
P.S. I wish I were more like your husband, not saying anything when things get broken at our house.
Ouch. That definitely sucks! Hopefully they were able to retrieve the data for you! And props to Ben. I am surprised yet pleased he was able to not say anything!
Good luck!
Wow, that's awful. I hope everything is retrievable. Wish you luck.
such a bummer! I hope you don't lose anything- let's let those mac guinesses prove that they really are!
So sorry! It's times like these when time travel would come in really handy and you could simply go back and prevent the tragedy. Since that isn't possible, hopefully the mac geniuses are just that!
oh. . . oh . . . oh. . .
I hope you didn't loose any pics, that is my biggest fear.
Oh, Julie, the pain. I'm so sorry. But, Nate and I would find it highly entertaining to have Ben go ahead and post all the comments he would like to have made. Don't worry-- you don't have to read them.
Post a Comment