Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bryce Canyon

Ben had a conference in Bryce Canyon the last few days of this week. Since I'm not yet working full-time, I thought it would be fun for me and the kids to join him. We didn't see much of Ben, but we had a great time looking at the hoodoos during our two hikes and playing near the lake by our hotel. James and Kate were great little hikers and seemed to enjoy the adventure.
Taking a short break during our Queen's Garden hike.
James never grew tired of throwing rocks into the lake. I sure wish I knew of an activity at home that could keep him entertained for so long.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful! Throwing rocks in lakes, rivers or ocean seem to be a favorite among children. How fun for you and the kids to enjoy nature on your hikes. They definitely open your eyes to the wonder of the outdoors.

Mindi said...

I MUST keep this post away from Colby.. what a beautiful adventure for you! He would be SO jealous! :) So when do you start working full time? Do you ahve a job lined up then? And how are YOU?! I want to see the belly! :) We send our love to all of you!

di said...

happy mother's day babe! :)

Shannon said...

You are impressive, hiking all over with your twins while pregnant! It looks like you had a fun mini-vacation. The pictures are gorgeous as well. Mark has been wanting to take our kids to some national parks. He'll be jealous.

I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

birdie said...

So fun. We love So Utah - we just got back ourselves from a little jaunt over to Monument Valley.

It was so fun to see you guys!

o charm said...

i was just thinking this morning how badly i want to take a trip to southern utah. no place like it on earth-- you're so lucky to be so close!!