Wednesday, April 9, 2008

$120.60


Not that I'm happy about spending $120.60 on dry cleaning that didn't need to be done before Saturday's incident, but it sure does beat replacing two suit coats and 14 silk ties. James and Kate (and Ben and I) are relieved. When I came home with the successfully cleaned items, James said, "Mommy, Daddy not angry anymore." Nope James, you're saved. Nice work Henries Dry Cleaners!

By the way, throwing away Kate's beloved Care Bear was enough of a consequence for both of them. Kate wants her bear and James feel bad she doesn't have it anymore. (Prediction: Ben will buy her a new one within a couple of weeks. He's such a softy!)

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Glad the clothes are okay. Could her bear not be cleaned??? That is so sad, she does need another one!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'd say that's 120 well spent. Yay for a good dry cleaner, a necessity for every family.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Ouch. That's not a fun bill-- but good that it all came clean! Leather lube and silk don't seem to be a winning combo, so Henries must be a bit of a miracle worker!

tenacious d said...

All's well that ends well. That is a very good drycleaner. And it appears that the twins have learned their lesson, which is probably the most important thing.

Leslie said...

This is definitely cheaper than replacing the clothes, go Henries!

birdie said...

Oh so sad. I guess it had to happen. Lesson learned on not keeping Leather Lube around the house.

Amberly said...

loved catching up. saturday's incident was definately unfortunate, the easter pics are completely darling and I, too, hear that a taxi is a police car and feel sad that taxi's filling the streets of manhattan are so far away!