Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Saturday morning was spent at Liberty Park, mostly at the Tracy Aviary, but we took some time to ride on a couple of the very old fair park rides they have there too. The morning was followed by some home improvement work in the bathroom. We are replacing an old, unattractive light fixture with two small ones that will look better. Then, a special treat, Grandma and Grandpa Judd took Kate and James for the evening while mom and day went on a date -- dinner and a movie. Thanks!

Sunday was spent with the usual church and family time, but then, the normal routine went out the window. Ben decided to risk the slightly cool weather and small chance of rain and decided to give the kids a preview of camping by sleeping in a tent in the backyard. We have a short camping trip planned for June with the McAdams. I think the kids will be fine in June. It rained all night long and my campers slept through the whole thing. I'm glad I was in the house.

We met with some of the Judd family for breakfast on Monday morning and then spent a little bit of time remembering Grandma and Grandpa Wilson at the cemetery. They are my mom's parents. I never knew my grandfather, but have heard many stories about what a loving father he was and how he got mom's lunch money gambling and liked ketchup with everything. We spent the evening with Grandma McAdams and our Williams cousins. Happy Birthday Tammy!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Brave dad camping with the 2 kids. Sounds like a great weekend, especially the date part!

Becki said...

What a great weekend! Love the back yard camp out although a camp out isn't a camp out for Ben without catching some article of clothing on fire... hahaha. Can't wait for Bear Lake!

Leslie said...

How fun for Ben and the kids camping in the backyard, especially when you get to stay inside.

TnD said...

I loved Tracy A. when I was a kid. I am glad to hear that it is still around.