Thursday, July 8, 2010
swimming lessons
James and Kate have been taking swimming lessons the past couple of weeks. They are having a fabulous time and have improved immensely. Their sweet teacher, Emily, has been great. Kate can float on her back for nearly a minute. Both of them have learned to use their arms and legs as instructed and can nearly make it across the width of the pool. James is great at blowing bubbles while swimming and Kate has lost most of her fear of being under the water. James loves his goggles. Kate hates hers, but looks adorable in them! My goal for the lessons was that they would be able to swim to the side if they fell in the deep end and no one noticed. I know they have the ability to do that now, although I'm not sure they'd have the sense to do it if they hadn't jumped in with the express purpose of swimming to back to the side. I know swimming can be so fun for kids, but it scares me to no end. I think we're on the right track, though.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment