Wednesday, July 7, 2010

35

I turned 35 yesterday. Mid-thirties. I'm okay with that. My thirties have been good so far. Ben surprised me Monday night with an installed porch swing hanging from our back patio. I've been wanting a porch swing for years. I'm very, very excited to have one now. Two of my brothers and their families are in town and helped celebrate at a lovely dinner at my mom's. (The kids teamed-up to make the awesome sign above.) Ben made me an attractive and healthy "fruit cake" in keeping with an absurd, but personally empowering, lent-like commitment I made to abstain from candy, cakes, desserts, etc. from Easter until Labor Day. And, finally, a completely unexpected surprise when I came home from work today. Ian and Laurel sent Peruvian lilies to my house. They are beautiful! Oh, and, who on facebook doesn't feel loved on their birthday? Thanks to all of you who joined in to celebrate my 35th birthday!



3 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you too. I'm impressed with the "cake" Ben came up with!

Leslie said...

Being 35 ROCKS!!!!!

Nancy said...

happy birthday!!! you make 35 look great.

and loved the latest press on ben. it's fun to say "i know that guy!"