Thursday, July 1, 2010
job descriptions
While driving in the car this afternoon . . .
James: Mom, what do you do at your work?
Me: I type on the computer and write agreements. Like if someone is buying a machine, I write about who has to fix it if it breaks or who has to help someone get better if they get hurt using the machine.
James: Do you know what Dad does?
Me: What does Dad do?
James: He makes up rules. He made that rule for them to tear down that bridge (the North Temple viaduct).
Me: Sounds like you get it, James.
James: Mom, what do you do at your work?
Me: I type on the computer and write agreements. Like if someone is buying a machine, I write about who has to fix it if it breaks or who has to help someone get better if they get hurt using the machine.
James: Do you know what Dad does?
Me: What does Dad do?
James: He makes up rules. He made that rule for them to tear down that bridge (the North Temple viaduct).
Me: Sounds like you get it, James.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey! Moms make up rules, too. The most important ones, usually. Including what dads are allowed to claim they do for a living.
That is one clever kid.
if this were facebook i would "like" this post.
Post a Comment