It was a really fun day for me and a great chance for James and Kate to get undivided attention. I imagine that being a twin is a fun thing -- always having a friend around and all, but I think they enjoyed going on a Special Date with Mom as much as Mom enjoyed it.
Friday, March 28, 2008
My Special Dates
Since I'm in between permanent jobs right now and my freelance projects have also lightened up, I decided to spend some all too uncommon one-on-one with James and Kate. We called it our "Special Date." In the morning I took Kate to Build-a-Bear. She, unsurprisingly chose the brightest, pinkest bear. Her favorite part was giving her bear a bath (see picture below). In the afternoon I took James. He chose a white dog. Although there are many, many clothes and accessories (extra $, of course) one can choose to adorn one's bear, both of my kids wanted there's "naked." I tried to talk them into something additional, but they refused. I guess my Special Dates are also cheap dates.
It was a really fun day for me and a great chance for James and Kate to get undivided attention. I imagine that being a twin is a fun thing -- always having a friend around and all, but I think they enjoyed going on a Special Date with Mom as much as Mom enjoyed it.

It was a really fun day for me and a great chance for James and Kate to get undivided attention. I imagine that being a twin is a fun thing -- always having a friend around and all, but I think they enjoyed going on a Special Date with Mom as much as Mom enjoyed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How fun! I am glad you had a good time with each of the kiddos. We miss you guys.
What a good mom you are! I'm sure they both appreciated having you all to themselves for a little while.
What cute dates you had! That sounds like a fun idea to have some one on one time at build a bear! So funny they both prefer naked animals!
I would love to do a special date with you too! Book me in sometime.
What great memories you are creating with your kids.
They look so happy - I love it. I've never been to Build a Bear, but every child that I see coming out of there has the biggest smile ever.
Cute idea with the one-on-one time. We always enjoyed our one-on-one time with them back in the day too. It still almost takes my breath away when I see pictures of them now-- they're growing up so fast! Glad you're feeling good and all is well with baby #3. Wish we could all be there with you for a special date of our own! Miss you guys terribly.
Post a Comment