Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Coloring Easter Eggs

We introduced James and Kate to the Easter tradition of dying hard boiled eggs tonight. Kate loved the activity, but showed little patience in waiting for the eggs to saturate in the colored dyes. She excitedly yelled "It's done now!" a few seconds after she immersed each egg in the dye. James marveled in awe at each egg as he pulled it out of one of the dyes.

Here's some team work in the finishing touches of putting stickers on the eggs. And, notice the half-eaten egg -- a sampling of only one of the activity's casualties. For the record, Mom and Dad had fun too!

8 comments:

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Merry Easter, Happy Spring!!! Looks like "egg"actly the kind of "egg"citement we like around here, too. Only Cody doesn't really go for eggs.

di said...

happy easter! xoxo

Becki said...

Just one question...Did Ben do an "army egg?"

Leslie said...

What a great tradition to start with your family!

tenacious d said...

Cute! Aren't you glad they can start enjoying things like this?

How's #3 coming along?

Mindi said...

I, too, would love to hear how #3 is coming along. :) We can't wait for when Jack really can appreciate and enjoy holiday traditions. Happy Easter!

Lisa said...

I love kids' enthusiasm for everything. I wish I still felt that all the time!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Wait a minute... That's not a Go Utah shirt, James! Has the obsession ended?