Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter pictures






These pictures were taken about a month ago, but the occasion was for Easter so I waited until today for you all to see James and Kate looking adorable in their new Easter clothes. These are first professional photos since they were nine-months-old. It's taken this long for me to build up the energy to go the effort of getting pictures taken with twins (and then there is also the part about finding a time when neither child -- usually James -- has no scratches or bruises on the forehead from playing just a bit too fast/hard). I think they turned out great. Maybe I won't wait so long for the next photo session . . .

14 comments:

nyclizzie said...

Darling! They are really growing up and losing the baby look! Love the duds!

Sherri said...

Happy Easter! It was so fun to be home to celebrate with all of you. I am looking forward to our child free time today.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Especially the close up of Kate's face. I agree. Don't wait as long next time. These are fantastic.

Leslie said...

So Cute! Your babies are definitely
growing up.

Nancy said...

oh they're adorable! i especially like the one of both of them on the bench.

Mindi said...

Guess you count this one as a VICTORY!! Both happy and smiling at the same time... and caught on camera. :) Who knows, maybe it's not as difficult as it seems. They truly are adorable! .. and the one of Kate looks like she is wearing blush! Such big kids.. thanks for sharing!

Becki said...

They are SO adorable! The pictures turned out great! Just wondering how you were able to convince James to wear something other than his "GO UTAH" shirt...

tenacious d said...

What angels!! They are so cute, Julie.

di said...

wow they are total little people! the pictures are perfect. happy easter! we love and miss you guys.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

OK, A) those pics are adorable; B) Kate looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU that it's totally freaking me out, and C) Capturing the bumps and bruises for posterity could be cool, too.
Sounds like you guys had a fun Easter-- looks like James enjoyed his candy (who wouldn't?) and that Kate was the hunter extraordinaire.

emily said...

Could these 2 be any cuter? Kate is seriously a mini you and James is a mini Ben. SO ADORABLE! I love Kate's dress too...

How's everything going for you this time around with the pregnancy? Feeling good yet?

And btw, I didn't know I was prego when I saw you at Christmas...but I did have a sneaking suspicion :-)

o charm said...

so so cute. how in the world do you get them to sit there and smile at the camera? my kids are just impossible in this regard. i would never even try to get them to go to a studio.

Heather said...

Having a few girls myself, I am very impressed with how beautiful Kate looks. You did her hair perfectly, and with a cute little bow!
It kind of cracks me up to see you doing that because you seem like the anti bow person. Maybe that's just when it comes to you!
I can't wait to see pictures of the new one.

Shannon said...

These pictures are absolutely adorable and well worth the courage it must have taken to get James and Kate to the studio! Sadly, I have yet to take my twins for solo portraits at a studio. You have done far better than I.

I haven't seen pictures of your twins since not long after they were born, so this was really fun for me.