Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chess Tournament

My friend, Gigi, told me about the last chess match for the area at the last minute. She know James liked the game and thought he might be interested. He was. I signed him up. Although he has known how to play chess for quite some time, he hadn't played in a while and we didn't get a chance to play before the competition. I spent some time trying to prep him to just have fun and not worry so much about winning or loosing. It was an all-day event that took place at the University of Utah. Ben took him and stayed for the first game. James won! I went up at lunchtime with Kate, Robert and Isaac and my mom came up later to finish off the day with him. I think he played 6 games total and, I think, we won 4 of them. Not shabby at all! And, best of all, he loved the day! He lost his last game to Chloe Parke, my friend's daughter and a friend of James's too. They both were very gracious about the outcome.


No comments: