Thursday, March 29, 2012

Park City weekend

Our friends, Jeremy Keele and Amy Asay and their boys were in Utah for a visit. They were staying at a hotel in Park City and invited us to use the second room in their suite. The hotel had two very large hot tubs and one heated pool, or, as my kids called them, two hot pools and one warm pool.

We arrived in the evening on Friday and, despite the very cold temperature in the air, immediately checked out the water. Kate, James and Robert played and played in the water while Isaac and I sat and watched them in our winter coats.

On Saturday, I got in the water with Isaac. It was his first swimming experience and he seemed to quite enjoy it. I dipped him fully under the water several times. The first time was a little bit of a surprise and he took in a bit of water. After that, he held his breath and was just happy to get the warm water over his bald head that was a little cold above water in the open, winter air. If only we could swim regularly, he might never loose the infant instinct and swimming might come naturally. But, alas, he probably won't be swimming again for several weeks, and then several weeks after that. Then, terrifying, frustrating swim lessons. And so it is in Utah.









1 comment:

Sherri said...

Sledding and swimming in the same day. It looks like a kids paradise! I really miss winter!!!