Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's a . . .



The kids, James in particular, knew the ultrasound was today. It turned out that Ben had to be in Provo for a legislative event tonight and wouldn't get home until after the kids were asleep. Of course, both Ben and I wanted to be there to share the news with the kids and see their reactions. This morning, I told James he might have to wait until Friday to find out because Dad was working late. James did not like that idea at all. Kindergarten ends at 4:00. Ben had to be at the capitol until 5:00 and then immediately leave to Provo. So, the kids and I raced from kindergarten, home to pick up Robert, and then to the capitol to catch Ben before he left. It all worked out and James and Kate even spent a few minutes on the Senate floor with Ben for a vote or two.

5 comments:

tenacious d said...

Awwww! Congratulations! That was a sweet little video. When is your due date?

Sherri said...

Cute! I love how James "knew it." Congratulations, Vera is very excited to have a boy cousin to play with. :)

Becki said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. Love the video :)

nebduj said...

I thought for sure Ben was going to say, "Do you know what that means? It means we're going to have try again." Oh well, I guess some things are better left unsaid until after the new baby boy is here.

Mindi said...

Congratulations!! Looks like things have been busy at the McAdams household!! :) Sending our love!