Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A family "exercise" routine

Ben gets a lot of encouragement from the kids to exercise. Each morning they beg him to do his "morning exercises" and, if he gets home before bedtime, they beg him to do his "nighttime exercises." What's all the excitement about you ask? Watching Dad play video games, of course. Seriously. Ben plays the Wii while exercising and the kids have each found a (not so safe) perch to watch from. It's been going on for over a month. While I think watching someone else play video games is sinking to an all-time low, I can't resist the hour of peace and quiet I have to myself while they are all downstairs (minus the periodic reports I receive when the kids run upstairs to tell me about Ben's progress). I think Ben is actually the winner in all of this: exercise and a fan club. (And, yes, that is Robert in the middle wearing one of Kate's nightgowns.)

No comments: