Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Parker's Gingerbread Workshop

Yesterday was the eighth annual Parker family gingerbread workshop. It was our family's fourth time in a row to attend. (See: 2009 & 2008) James and Kate remembered it this year. Kate made each of us Post-it Note name tags to take with us (but we forgot them). James drew up some "instruction" for his masterpiece. Robert had no idea what all the fuss was about, but excited to go to a party.

He quickly caught on . . . but did much more eating that decorating (as did we all!).

In the past years, Ben and I have helped out a lot. Ben helped James and Kate some this year, but they did most of the decorating themselves. I tried to help Robert, but all he really wanted to do was eat candy canes and licorice. Ben added a handful of candy to Robert's house on the way out so he'd have something to eat at home while James and Kate were munching on their candy-coated houses.









2 comments:

Leslie said...

This tradition truly ROCKS!!!!

Sherri said...

I love the Gingerbread House Party! Kate and James did an awesome job. I think both houses are my favorites!