Monday, September 13, 2010

The Lion King

Ben and I took Kate and James to the Lion King at the Capitol Theater last week. It was their first big show and they had no idea what they were going to. In fact, neither was excited to go. I told James that there was a short break in the middle and if he wasn't having fun, we could leave. At intermission, I reminded him that this was his opportunity to leave, he declined. They loved it. The opening act included several elaborately costumed actors coming to the stage through the isles from the back of the theater. Both kids stared from side to side watching the "animals" come to the stage. They'd never seen anything quite like it. It was fun to watch them be so overwhelmed and curious and entertained.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

What a great show to introduce them to the theater.

tenacious d said...

Kate's face in that last picture is even more adorable than usual.