Monday, September 13, 2010

California

My parent and I drove the kids to California over Labor Day weekend to visit my sister and celebrate my nephew's, Daniel, birthday. Of course, it's a long drive, but the kids really did fabulously. Either my mom or I sat in the back of the minivan to hand out the entertainment (crayons, Leapsters, reading Charlotte's Web, snacks, books, etc.) and settle disputes, but I couldn't have asked for them to be better. We arrived in time for the birthday pool party, spent a morning at the beach, an afternoon at The Wild Animal Park, some time at the park, ate lots of Pinkberry, and, of course, ate lots of other good food. I think there are more road trips in our future.


We stopped for a quick lunch at In-n-Out before visiting

the Wild Animal Park. Robert shared a burger with Daniel

and loved it. He looks pretty content eating here in this hat.

Uncle Sam was pleased with Robert's affinity for In-n-Out.

Something the two of them jointly appreciate.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

It was so fun to have you here! Daniel talks about his cousins coming again almost every day. Let me know when you want to come back. Disneyland is decorated for Halloween waiting for you.