Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Robert - this and that

The first two pictures were taken at the Salt Lake County Convention a couple of weeks ago. Although Robert smiles and laughs often, it's not easy to catch his smile at its peak on the camera. I guess I got lucky. What a great smile!
The picture below is of what I call Robert's shy smile. I'm not sure why, but sometimes he seems to try to hide the fact that he's smiling. I think it's cute. I also love the fact that we were in a very public place when this picture was taken and my kid is filthy. Ben's off trying to make a good impression with the public and I'm trotting around three kids with food residue on their faces, dirty clothes, and tattoos on their arms. At least no one can accuse us of using our kids as props.
Robert always gets very excited when he sees dogs. He loves to touch them and hug them and he's very good at being gentle with them. My dad's dog, Charlie, likes Robert too. It's always entertaining to watch them interact. My sister caught this cute moment last Saturday while Robert was napping and Charlie rested at Robert's side.
I snapped this shot myself just because I had my sister's camera in my hand. However, that turtle on Robert's lap is worth writing about. "Turtle" is one of very few words in Robert's repertoire. He gets along quite well by pointing and grunting and doesn't seem to feel much of a need to develop any sort of vocabulary. He loves his turtle, though, and carries it with him much of the day and needs it to sleep every night.
And, finally, doesn't every kid need to wear Mom's or Dad's shoes at some point?

6 comments:

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

In that first pic he looks just like you and in the very next pic he looks exactly like Ben. He is a true hybrid child... (In looks; I don't know anything about his fuel consumption.) PS- Next time you are out here we will have to take him to the aquarium with his Turtle to see some of the real things.

Sherri said...

He is definitely a cutie!

To give credit where it is due. Sam actually took the picture with Charlie.

Nancy said...

so cute. i like the turtle.

tenacious d said...

He has such cute, shiny, apple cheeks.

Leslie said...

He's a sweetie!!!

o charm said...

that shy smile pic is such a carbon copy of ben!!!