Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kids Dash

Our neighborhood held its annual kids dash race yesterday evening. Kate, James and Robert all participated. James fell down two steps into the race, but got right up and kept going. I think he was crying as he ran past me, but it was hard to tell. I'm happy to see that his determination to participate and finish overcame the set back. Kate was her usual happy self just being there, joining in, and having fun. Robert and I joined the race after the mass passed us and Robert caught on to what was going on. The whole event couldn't have lasted more than three minutes, but has left us with stories and thoughts to fill the remainder of the weekend. The kids dash was followed by a 5K, but we'd left for home before it even began.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

So fun...what a great neighborhood activity!

tenacious d said...

What a cool neighborhood!

Becki said...

What a fun little tradition!