Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Aquarium


It's not the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, but we still enjoyed ourselves. It was a night for families of legislators. I guess there are few perks for the families. I'll take what I can get. James and Kate only managed a fleeting touch of the tail of one of the rays, but still had all kinds of fun watching them. Robert spend a good amount of time watching the smaller fish swimming in their tank.

It was a fun evening and one of very few in the last three weeks that the kids have spent with their dad. It seems we have to attend legislative events to spend time with Ben these days. At least this one was all about the kids! Oh, and did I mention it was also the night of our Anniversary? I guess that pretty much sums up the state of our marriage right now - kids, politics, and finding time to be together whereever it can be found. (Although, my mom did take the kids Friday night and Ben and I were able to enjoy a fabulous dinner at Forage, a restaurant I highly recommend!)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Just wait until he's the President, Julie. But, at least then you'll have a bowling alley and a basketball court, right?

We are so proud of you guys. We feel almost like celebrities, just saying that we know you! Star power!

I miss you. I'm still holding out hope that there's going to be some sort of legislative conference in the City of Brotherly Love...