Sunday, January 18, 2009

"I don't care."

Those are the words Kate just uttered to me (very matter-of-factly, I will add) when I told her, "Kate, listen to me when I say 'no more fruit snacks.'"

Is this normal for a three-year-old?

She did not get the fruit snacks.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

That's so funny and typical of a toddler!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

LOL!!! Sassy McSassy! In her defense, she was probably being honest.

Becki said...

She's got some spunk!

Jenny said...

Normal for a three-year-old? Apparently she'd fit right in at our house, where in the last 48 hours, I've been privy to:
"You're not the boss of me!"
"I'm in charge of MYSELF!"
"SO?"
and the classic,
"Mom, I hope you go away for 100DAYS!"

Sherri said...

That sounds like Kate. I miss her sass! She can come live with me and I will give her all the fruit snacks she wants.

TnD said...

I get to look forward to this? For now I have "Move it, mom!" and just yesterday, "Dang it!". Yikes, more to come. i need to start watching what I say.

Andrew said...

Is that all she's got?

I'll have to teach her some profanity next time I'm in town. Maybe I can make her some flash cards.

Unknown said...

They will just keep coming so the best thing to do is laugh, not when she says it though, then you have to be serious and let her know it isn't funny.

Suzi said...

Mmmm...gushers sound so good right now!!