Monday, February 25, 2008

Never has a DVD been so loved!

My mom owns the Care Bears Movie, but ever since Kate sat for the flick over a month ago, it has been in Kate's hands. She brought it home with her that day, slept with it that night and has every night since. She talks to it as she goes to sleep. She pets it. She carries it around with her ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! She opens the case every hour or so and spins the DVD around lovingly, sometimes with a giggle. She begs to watch it daily (and because my patience is lacking, she often gets her way). Some kids have a blanket, some a teddy bear; mine has a DVD (and two blankets, a few teddy bears, apparently her coat in bed with her tonight, and a plethora of other security items).

8 comments:

tenacious d said...

The Care Bears are still around? Does Elmo feel jilted now? That picture of Kate in be surrounded by her "treasures" just cracked me up!!

Andrew said...

Go to YouTube and search for "apocalypse pony" and then watch it. There's a toy that kids are sure to fall in love with too.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

OMG I loved the Care Bears when I was a kidlet! My favorite was the green one-- Lucky. Kate and I are truly kindred spirits. I love that there's like 5 inches of space for Kate in Kate's bed and the rest is devoted to friends. Cody wouldn't have it any other way, either.

Sherri said...

Too cute! She could have a garage sale when she wakes up, but I am sure isn't willing to part with any of it.

The Jackson Three said...

love the crowded bed and the pj's....and the Care Bears DVD

chris said...

Sherri's teaching me how to comment. Cute PJ's would be nice. I need to fix those pink silvery ones. I could understand a carebear but a video case with DVD???

Lisa said...

That is so cute! Shocking that she even fits on her bed with all that stuff! : )

Ashlee said...

Oh, that is so precious! I hope she hasn't attempted to take it in the bath with her.