Wednesday, April 11, 2012

gymnastics

The kids participated in some Utah Utes gymnastic classes in the early (and still cold) part of this year. It was on Wednesday evenings for a few months. Natalie would bring them to campus and I'd take them to class. Isaac and I enjoyed watching them or going for walks (Isaac in the stroller) around campus for an hour. Wednesday night became takeout night - usually Little Caesars Pizza (alternating cheese and pepperoni each week), but once in a while I could talk them into choosing something different, like Subway or, my favorite, some cheap, Greek takeout. Anyway, it was a nice middle-of-the-week break from playing at home and figuring out what to fix for dinner during all those weeks when the Legislature was in session or when Ben was busy courting Democratic delegates. Here are a few pictures from one of the last gymnastics classes:
Kate and James got to run and jump onto the pommel horse and into the giant hole filled with foam blocks.




Robert is in the pit down there.  They did a lot of jumping in there and had a lot of fun, but I never could figure out what they learning point was or what it might have been working towards.


No comments: