Friday, April 27, 2012

Stone Soup - a kindergarten play

The two kindergarten classes combined together to perform a play for the rest of the school and for parents and friends.  Kate and James talked about it for the several weeks beforehand as they were practicing and creating the set and costumes.  James was a soldier.  Kate was a spy.  I was quite impressed with the finished production!

James shone in his role and was so excited to be performing in front of an audience.  This is not something I would have expected from him at the beginning of the year.  This is a kid who declined to participate in funny sock day or crazy hair day in preschool.  In the past year, however, he's developed a sense of self that is comfortable standing up and standing out.  (Not so good when that entails wearing his shirt backwards for several weeks in a row or making farting sounds from his armpit.)  It was a joy to watch him having such a good time in the play.
Kate was one of four devious spies.  She was also fantastic and wore her pink shades well as the only female spy.  Like James with the other soldiers, she got to sing a little vignette with her fellow spies.  She was also excited to perform and happy to entertain the audience.



Isaac had the best seat in the house.  Thanks for coming, Grandpa!


1 comment:

Sherri said...

So fun! I wish we could have been there. I love the pic of dad and Isaac!