Saturday, May 7, 2011

James and Kate have learned to ride a bike!


I went out of town for three days last weekend. When Ben and the kids picked me up from the airport Sunday evening, James started telling me about a surprise he had for me waiting at home. James talked non-stop about the exciting surprise for the entire 20 minute drive home, but never let the cat out of the bag. As soon as we walked from the garage to the back door, I was directed to close my eyes while James got ready. When I opened my eyes, I was watching James ride his bike on our back patio without training wheels! He'd learned that afternoon in the church parking lot.

Kate was well on her way, but still a little timid. One more practice at the church with Dad and she'd mastered the childhood milestone as well. Two days later I took the kids (and the camera) to the church again. They are very proud of their accomplishment. And they should be. Way to go Kate and James!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Way to go James and Kate!