
I spent last Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning in Branson, Mo. with my mom and sister (and niece, Vera). Ever heard of Branson? I hadn't. My sister called it "Las Vegas for the conservative, religious and retired." She nailed it. The main attractions in Branson (in case you aren't familiar with it) are the shows. Quite a variety, but all playing music some large number of years' old. We saw the Osmonds (Wayne, Merrill and Jay); Marty Haggard playing a tribute to his father, Merle (now I know who Merle Haggard is); and the Rankin Brothers impersonating several song artists of past decades. Hmm. Interesting. I enjoyed spending time with family, staying up too late reading a book, and not feeling guilty about it because I got to sleep in each morning.
2 comments:
Thanks for going with me. It was great to spend time with you and mom!
So, what in heaven's name posses...uh, I mean, how fun that you were able to have a girls' weekend and relax!
Post a Comment