Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Ornament Tradition
Every year, probably since my birth, I have received a Christmas tree ornament in early December. Year after year, my awesome mom has kept the tradition alive. Now spouses and grandkids are included. The ornaments are typically a reminder of a vacation or special interest of the time. This year, I got a Disney World ornament, reminiscent of the June vacation with James and Kate. Ben got an ornament of a front door with our new address printed on it. James got Buzz Lightyear, Robert got Jiminy Cricket, and Kate got some crazy looking Ariel ornament. She loves it. By "love," I mean she adores it. Like the play with it, talk to it, carry it everywhere you go kind of love. We all love our ornaments. Thanks Mom - for the ornaments and for the tradition!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My mother-in-law had that tradition for her kids and gave her kids the ornaments when they got married for their tree. I started that tradition with my kids and one thing they look forward every year. The Ariel ornament is Awesome!
what a great tradition!
I love that mom still does it with all of us! I can hardly get Daniel to leave his "Mickey, Donald, Goofy" alone.
That is a neat tradition. Rowdy and I buy ornaments when we travel every year. But since we're going to be in Salt Lake for Christmas, we're not putting up the tree this year. And we couldn't find anything in Vietnam that really worked as an ornament.
Did you think I would be confused about what kind of love you were talking about :)
That's a great tradition!
Post a Comment