Kate adores Bruce. You'd think this crab was a puppy the way she carries it around, asks to play with it first thing in the morning, throughout the day, and before going to bed at night. Bruce comes to Grandma's house. Bruce has a cage, but, according to Kate, he likes to spend time exercising in a large bucket inside and a plastic kids pool outside. She occasionally rocks Bruce to sleep. You might expect her to be a bit scared of a crab, especially when his legs and pinchers come stretching out of the shell while she's holding him. You also might expect her to think a crab is a bit of a creepy (no pun intended) kind of a pet. On both accounts, you would be wrong. She has been pinched once. She didn't like it, but it hasn't stopped her from loving the crustacean.
On Friday night, Ben took the kids out for a couple of hours. Upon their return, they discovered an amazing thing had happened in their absense. Bruce moved into one of the spare shells. As Kate says, "He changed clothes." He lives in a tiger shell now. Kate danced a jig. James was thrilled.
Here is Kate holding Bruce, now in the tiger shell, and also his old home - the shark shell.
Perhaps, someday, I hope in the very near future, this post will have a Part II. I'm quite anxious to resolve the mystery of Spidey's whereabouts.
Here is the empty shark shell. I can't help but wonder if Bruce moved out of it because the tail broke for a second time and he was dreading more superglue fumes. Also, I can now see a fine crack along the body of the shell. This poor crab has accidentally been dropped more than a few times. He must be a hearty creature.
4 comments:
Literally just doubled over in laughter! Bruce! Best crab name ever! Rocking to sleep! Histerical!Sorry to hear about Spidey. Having him exploring the house on his own would freak me out. Crabs are spidery.
I just love how she LOVES things!
I met Bruce a few weeks ago. Kate was so cute with him carrying him all around with her. I hope he likes his new home.
WOW...those are great pets( a little weird) but nevertheless great! I love the fancy shells and hopefully you'll find Spidey soon.
Post a Comment