Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Show and Tell

Our nanny had a dentist appointment this morning so I took James and Kate to preschool and Robert to work for a couple of hours. It was show and tell at school. Kate took her toys of current obsession -- four Disney princess figures and Dopey (one of the "Hi-Hos" as James and Kate call them). James took his tool box and a few tools. How fun for me to watch them help the other kids guess what was hiding in their backpacks -- in Spanish! I certainly miss out on many things because I work full-time. Mornings like this remind me of that in a very big way.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

How cute, what did the take?

Candice said...

I know exactly what you mean with the comment about missing a lot when you work full time. As my little one is getting ever closer to taking her first steps on her own, I just told the nanny, "if she takes steps with you, when I am gone, don't tell me. Let me just think that it happens when I am with her." While there are parts of working that are so nice- the challenge of it all, mostly, a full time job takes way more than 40 hrs a week for me, and I do get distracted with work even when I am home. I am lamenting, but I don't have a good answer. Few of the great jobs come with part-time as an option. That being said, I am going to try going part time this summer and hope it works out great for the whole family.

Nancy said...

so what you're saying is she's over the care bear dvd?

p.s. we need to have a chat sometime about working full-time. the end of my maternity leave looms ever nearer and i am a teensy bit... oh... terrified.

Heather said...

It doesn't look like All of them miss out on you working!

Leslie said...

Fun and precious! It's great to be reminded to appreciate the small stuff.

TnD said...

Don't you wish you could take the baby to work every day. I thought it would be great to have a pack and play in my office. I just know C would have done fine.