Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deck the Halls


We've been enjoying a very fun (and busy!) Christmas season. Our activities so far have included: reading and learning about the Christmas story, decorating the tree, frosting cookies, "helping" shovel the driveway after the first snow storm of the season, visiting the Festival of Trees, watching an adorable preschool Christmas program with singing and dancing (post to come, stay tuned), listening to lots of Christmas children's books, visiting Zoo Lights at the Hogle Zoo, going to a live nativity, and watching a couple of the classic Christmas movies like Rudolph and Frosty. And there are still more than 10 days until Christmas. Kate is hoping Santa will bring her The Jungle Book DVD and James wants more track for his train.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

what fun family traditions! i'm going to have to take some notes.

Sherri said...

Is there going to be anything left for us to do with you? We'll be there in less than a week!

nyclizzie said...

I'm lame. I can't find your updated address or email addresses. I just have an @dpw one. What's wrong with me?! Please email me and give me your addresses so I can send you out our christmas joy in an envelope. Ohhhh, get very excited! haha btw, it's liz531 at aol dot you know what in case you are as much a loser as i am, but I doubt you are!

Leslie said...

Wow that's amazing and what is left to do? It's great to have traditions to pass on to your children. I hope Santa brings Kate and James what they want.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Hands down cutest kids ever.