Saturday, September 6, 2008

We love our rooms!!!

Our good friends Ian and Laurel sacrificed their holiday weekend last weekend to help Ben and I paint James' and Kate's bedrooms. By "help" I mean conceive of and create the entire spaces. Laurel helped pick out the cute bedding, came up with the painting ideas and both Ian and Laurel spent all of last Saturday madly getting the whole thing done on ONE DAY -- after a 12 hour drive from California the day before! Thank you!!! Kate's furniture finally arrived today and we were able to get pictures of the finished products. Take a look . . .



13 comments:

tenacious d said...

What cool rooms! I'll bet J and K are loving them.

Lisa said...

Amazing! I especially love James' room. Could you send your friends to my house? : )

Sherri said...

They are both great! I love the stripes in James' room, and the flower lamp in Kate's.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

HOORAY! Thanks so much for posting these! It's so nice to see them in their furnished form! The lamp is super cute in the corner of Kate's room. And, love the bob haircut too-- just saw the post below.

The Jackson Three said...

rooms look amazing! way to go L!

Becki said...

Wow. Those rooms are amazing. I love both of them. I bet the kiddos love them too!

TnD said...

Love Kate's room particularly and can't wait for Laurel to come visit me so she can do Claire's room too.

Leslie said...

WOW! How lucky you are to have amazing people that would do this for you and your family! The rooms are amazing.

Kristi said...

So fun! Love how feminine Kate's room is compared to James all boy room. They are similar to my kids' rooms so I approve:)

Heather said...

I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend! Those rooms are perfect!

2x2momma said...

I love your rooms! I think it was really smart to split the kids up, especially because it lets you decorate with such cute gender-specific furniture!

Ashlee said...

Oh my. They are SO adorable! Wow. Kudos to the parents!

nyclizzie said...

WOW! Those are great! Looks like you were on an HGTV show! James' room is especially creative! We have the same bed for Wesley! What were the kids' reactions to it all?