Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Kate and James turned two on Sunday. When asked how old they are, James says "Two," but holds up four fingers; Kate says "Happy Birthday" and holds up four fingers.

We had family come over to celebrate. It was a fun day and James and Kate certainly enjoyed being the stars. It's amazing to think about how they have changed since their first birthday when they didn't understand or really care about what was going on at the party. This year, they pointed anxiously at the presents in the living room all morning, knew what to do when it was time to open them, blew out the candles, and ate cake by themselves and with a fork.

Below are a few pictures (and a video) of our two-year-olds on their birthday. Part of being two-years-old includes asserting your own independence -- which explains why they are wearing their "Go Utah shirt" instead of something mom would have picked for them knowing that many pictures would be taken.


6 comments:

di said...

Happy Birthday James & Kate! We miss you guys!

Nancy said...

Happy birthday Kate and James! I can't believe I haven't met them yet..feels like we were just in NYC trying to have lunch with you guys but not being able to since their arrival put the kibosh on those plans!

tenacious d said...

So cute! Happy birthday!! I love the slide show confetti graphics.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Adorable pics! I love that James is so eager to blow out the candles that he actually blows them out before they're totally lit-- match included. Too funny! Kate licks the candle, sticks it back in the cake. Love it! Thanks for posting. We feel like we were there. Cute Elmo cake, too-- did you make that?

TnD said...

The twins are too cute. This year has flown. I feel like it was yesterday I was scrap-booking after the first b-day.

Mindi said...

Happy Birthday guys!! Has it already been a year?! How big they've grown this last year! Pumpkin carving always make think of last year's party. Hope this next year is just as eventful! Miss you! Look forward to seeing you soon.