Saturday, December 31, 2011

San Diego - beach

Despite the cool weather, Kate really, really wanted to go to the beach to collect shells. I know she expected to find large, intact shells and tried to warn her that we probably would only find small ones if there were any at all. Our friend Diane suggested the tide pools at La Jolla beach, so I looked up when low tide was and we planned the outing around that. Robert was thrilled with dozens of tiny shells and we even found two complete sand dollars. Kate was disappointed, but still loved the beach.
I thought it was too cold to get in the water, so we didn't really come prepared to swim. I should have known better. Shoes and clothes were completed immersed for about an hour. The kids loved the waves - especially Robert who was experimenting with the ocean waves really for the first time.

Ben and I watched the kids from the dry sand. We enjoyed ourselves as well.

No comments: