
10,000 bees. That's 5 lbs of bees. Ben has embarked on a new hobby. I'm not very supportive, but really hoping to be wrong on this one. As far as I'm concerned, neighbor Christmas gifts is the best that can come of this experiment. Supporters tell me it's a great learning experience for kids and really lots of fun. Let's hope Kate enjoys it in the coming months better than she did yesterday. In an effort to show the kids the queen bee, a worker bee, protecting the queen, let Kate know she'd gotten too close.
Stay tuned for future bee posts . . .
Suiting up . . . (I think Ben's going to buy a jacket and hood in a kid's size so the kids can take turns participating a little more.)

10,000 bees. The little white tab to the right of the plug holds a small box containing the queen.

A worker bee is a bit in the way, but the queen in inside that little box.

Here's Ben dumping the bees into the hive.

Now he's putting the queen in the hive.
4 comments:
I think buying honey in the store is easier. I do look forward to some herbal tea with your fresh honey next time I'm there though.
Hmm. I'm just curious to know what the neighbors think. Just how in the world does Ben come up with these ideas? Good luck with that. :)
Good to know that Senator McAdams is still the kooky guy from Reldnas Hall, Apt. 6D! This is a very appropriate activity to keep with those characteristics that first endeared us to him.
We miss you! We'll be in Utah for a good stretch of time in July. Can we get together for a long dinner or something?
And... are you pregnant, Julie?
This seems insane. Just my opinion. I do hope it turns out well though!
Post a Comment