Monday, April 5, 2010
Easter
Too much candy, too little meaning. I need to reverse that dynamic next year. Still, a nice and enjoyable family holiday weekend. Happy Easter everyone!
Besides the candy, James got a game and some summer clothes, Kate got a movie (Oliver & Company) she's been wanting for months and some summer clothes, and I used Easter as an excuse to buy Robert the kid version of various household items he's obsessed with. These items are among very few toys Robert owns that were not originally purchased for James and Kate. It's interesting to see his unique personality coming out. I never considered any of these items for Kate or James during this stage due to their lack of interest, but Robert couldn't be more pleased. (Due to Robert's lack of interest in clothing, he didn't get any clothes for Easter and will be enjoying James' old clothing this summer.)
Besides the candy, James got a game and some summer clothes, Kate got a movie (Oliver & Company) she's been wanting for months and some summer clothes, and I used Easter as an excuse to buy Robert the kid version of various household items he's obsessed with. These items are among very few toys Robert owns that were not originally purchased for James and Kate. It's interesting to see his unique personality coming out. I never considered any of these items for Kate or James during this stage due to their lack of interest, but Robert couldn't be more pleased. (Due to Robert's lack of interest in clothing, he didn't get any clothes for Easter and will be enjoying James' old clothing this summer.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It looks like a great Easter. I love the individualized presents for all the kids and Charlie.
Love the flowers--are those pinwheels?
Our Easter didn't have quite the amount of meaning to it that I would have wanted, either, but we were traveling. It was a definite let-down, though.
It looks like the kids had a blast for Easter! I agree that the real meaning Easter is often over looked so we decided not to do too much of the candies and gift but teach our children the meaning of Easter
( Blake still felt I gave the kids too many gifts for Easter,NOT!)
Post a Comment