After the election was called tonight, I went down to make sure Kate and James had fallen asleep. James was still awake. I was sort of happy because I had some great news to share with him. I told him that Barack Obama was going to be the President of the United States. "He will be Kate's President?" "Yes, James." "And Mommy's President?" "Yes." "And Daddy's President?" "Yes, James." "Oh, okay. Barack Obama. Like on Daddy's show." (You can tell what Ben's been watching.)For me, this is about a belief that President-elect Obama will be a strong leader and improve foreign relations, not about race, but I am happy that my children will grow up in a country that has elected an African American as President. Next milestone to achieve: a woman President.
8 comments:
Well put! Exciting times ahead :)
it will be interesting indeed-these are historic timea!
that was times not timea
So go for it Julie! What's stopping you?
Regardless of where you stood on who you wanted to be president, it feels good that we elected someone of color to the most powerful office in America. I am really proud of us.
It's truly amazing to have witness this historic event in our lifetime.
I was in Dallas... I've never been in a red state before during an election. I felt like the only one celebrating. But I was celebrating my little heart out.
It was time. It has been time...for a long time - for new and obviously improved leadership.
Post a Comment