Getting a job offer (a really great one!) when you're 6 months pregnant seems pretty fantastic. And it is. True, it isn't legally supposed to be a factor, but you still have to wonder. Starting a new job when you're 6 months pregnant is another story. No track record of a good work-ethic, no goodwill built up. You have to pretend that you're feeling great and try as hard as humanly possible to perform at 100%. It's exhausting. Add coming home to two active toddlers onto the day and there's nothing left in you when you finally collapse into bed.That's the reason I've been so absent from my blog.
Oh, and the fact that Ben is hosting a political fundraiser -- AT OUR HOUSE! -- on Friday night. I'm 8+ months pregnant and supposed to host a sophisticated event at the end of a long, tiring work week. We've been spending the last several Saturdays and many evenings trying to finish-up those items on the list of things that need to get done around the house -- install lights in the main bathroom, hang a mirror in the bathroom, paint the bathroom, paint the walls that have crayon all over them, hang and paint closet doors, hang paintings in places that obviously need something (over the fireplace, over the sofa), move the playroom downstairs so the guests don't trip over plastic food and Little People toys, trim overgrown bushes, keep the lawn watered and mowed -- WAY TOO MUCH!!! Thankfully someone else is taking care of the food.
So, enough whining. I'm very healthy at 8+ months pregnant, have a great husband who pitches in whenever he can, two great kids the have begun to do a few things for themselves (toilet!!!, getting dressed, picking up their toys on occasion, playing well together), a great job, a helpful mom, and the most beautiful swollen ankles you've ever seen! What more could I ask for?
8 comments:
julie, i really believe this when i say 'you are amazing'. my mom had 3 kids in the first 5 years of marriage, worked full-time (not being paid well either), went to school at night (because she was smart enough to realize she was smart enough to be paid well), and still cooked dinner for my dad. it takes a special kind of person...
as an aside - i wish i could be at that political fundraiser...what are you guys doing? good luck with it! :)
you're amazing. and exhausting! I hope things go smoothly for you tonight and that you get a much-needed nap tomorrow!
Whine away girl! It doesn't matter how great life really is, when you are 8+ months pregnant you are still entitled to whine! Can't wait to meet this little guy soon! Hang in there! Oh, and good luck playing happy hostess this weekend :)
James and Kate have been super cute, and very good all day today. James has been the best eater of all -- and lets us know too. Hope the fundraiser is going well.
What more could you ask for? Let's see... if I were in your shoes I'd be asking for a gardner, a house painter, an assistant at work, an HGTV decorating crew, a cleaning crew, a moving crew, Mary Poppins, and a massage therapist. But then again, I'm not a superhero like you. Wish we could be there to help out... Good luck with everything.
You earned a massage girl! Hopefully the event went well and now you can recoup! Oh wait...you're still 8+ months pregnant. good luck! jackie
I'm sure that it all went wonderfully, swollen ankles and all. I agree with Laurel that you do have a few things you could ask for, but good for you for getting in there and doing what needed to be done. Your guests probably left your house thinking, "How does she do it? She's so gracious, her home is lovely, and she is a sparkling and intelligent conversationalist, despite having twins and being ready to pop."
Wow what a woman you are!! I complain on a daily basis, so I can't fathom 8 months pregnant, working, and twin toddlers. I'm tired just reading about it!! Can I take a nap?
Post a Comment