There's that pink car Kate loved . . .Monday, July 25, 2011
Demolition Derby
Some friends of ours have an annual 24th of July party at their ranch in Central Utah. That same evening is the annual Fairview Demolition Derby. We attended both the party and the derby on Saturday. When we told the kids about the derby, Robert asked if we could walk. He was worried about our van getting crashed into. After a bit more of an explanation, everyone was anxious to see this thing where people paint their cars funny and intentionally crash into each other. The event did not disappoint. Kate's favorite car was "the pink one." It didn't win in its heat, but came in second in the final Wipe Out session. Robert liked the pink car and the yellow car. James said the one he picked won the Wipe Out. Interesting event. Interesting crowd. The kids want to go again next year.
That's the Fairview royalty leading the crowd in the National Anthem. I've never heard it sung from the top of cars that were about to destroy each other.



One of the heats had a few cars that were especially loud. Many people were plugging their ears. Because I was trying to balance three open soda cans, I could only plug one ear. Kate tried helping me out by plugging my other ear, but, of course, that left one of her ears unplugged She quickly came up with a solution we used for the remainder of the heat. Clever, funny girl!
There's that pink car Kate loved . . .
There's that pink car Kate loved . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I went to a couple of demolition derby's in college with my brother and sister and friends. We had to dress "appropriately" for a derby- I need to find those pictures! We fit in with the derby crowd! I hope the baby comes this week!
Post a Comment