He was a trooper getting to and at the hospital and is recuperating as well as can be expected. He slept well last night -- up just once for a new dose of pain medication. Hopefully, he'll have a good day today.
Ben met the kids and our nanny at the hospital. I stayed at work and Ben sent me this picture. Had I known the extent of the damage, I never would have stayed at work. What was I thinking? I'll never not go to comfort one of my kids again. James asked me three times last night why I didn't come to the hospital. I felt horrible.
Much happier after some sleep and a shower this morning.

Looks like we'll be diligent with the sunscreen and hat-wearing for the next year. Even with that, I think he'll have a life-long reminder of yesterday's fall. Given the first picture, though, it fixed up better than I'd expected.
Having fun shortly before the fall . . .
5 comments:
Wow! That's a very nice repair. He had to have been a majorly bloody mess. Poor James and poor nanny! I also feel sad for you, feeling bad about not being there for him. You just do the best you can. ER trips are becoming old hat for you guys, so how were you to know?
Poor guy! Love to you all!!!
Poor guy! Love to you all!!!
Wow, how many stitches are in there? It does look really good. So do you think your kids are accident prone/ clumsy, or are they just extra active or therefore more likely to have falls and trips?
Ouch, poor James! Such a brave boy though!
Post a Comment