Saturday, August 14, 2010
Bear Lake with McAdams
We spent the weekend camping near Bear Lake with Ben's family. It was a quick, but fun trip. We were able to fit in all the essentials of a camping trip. James and Kate had been looking forward to it and loved it. Robert had no idea what was coming and loved it too. I was worried about the night with Robert. He's very, very good with his bedtime routine and very, very bad without it. He surprised me, though. He was awesome. I think he was just happy to be treated just like Kate and James - with a sleeping bag and all. He waited for his bag to get laid out while watching Kate and James climb into theirs. When his was ready, he climbed in, pulled the top up to his chin, spread his arms out above his head, closed his eyes and pretty much went straight to sleep. Then, wonder of wonders, he slept the whole night through! James and Kate slept well too! All the kids loved the tent, the fire, and the s'mores. They loved time with cousins and time at the lake. I'm no lover of camping, but I loved watching my kids love camping and hanging out with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What great fun and memories!
I just can't look anymore. James and Kate are too big and it just reminds me how fast life if going and how fast my kids are growing up too. But really, can they get any cuter?
It looks like a lot of fun! Daniel has been dying to go camping with all of the pictures and talk of Alaska and me at Girl's camp last week.
Post a Comment