This is our first foray into the world of classes, sports, etc. Our busy life just got busier. The kids did participate in a couple of toddler gymnastics classes a couple of years ago, but once preschool started, we tried to avoid busying their schedules with too many other things. That approach could only last so long - and rightfully so. Part of childhood includes soccer, piano, baseball, dance, etc. Right?
Anyway, James has been begging to play soccer for a while and we promised he could play in the fall. Turns out SL County has a summer program. Being the always-on-top-of-it kind of mom that I am, we learned about the program from a friend, but too late for sign-ups. Thankfully, we were able to register late, but only for the level above where James should have been. He'll be the little guy playing with the kindergarteners. I hope he'll be okay. We need to have a crash course on the sport and its rules right away since the first game is Thursday evening and he already missed the first and only practice that has been held. I didn't try to register Kate. I figured we were pushing it to get one late registration and didn't want to go for two or to try to get them on the same team. However, I did register both of them for a program that begins in the fall.
Now, back to the ballet. I waited too long to register Kate for her class. When I got around to it, the class was full. I put her on the waiting list and got a call Thursday night that there was a space for her. I didn't push getting James into the class as well. So, Kate is in ballet and James is in soccer. After four and a half years of trying to avoid it, we've officially gender-typed our twins. On the positive side, it is good for them to do things separately. They are very competitive and this will introduce a couple of areas where they - at least for now - won't be trying to be better than the other, or feel sad when they perceive themselves as not being a good as the other. We'll see how this little experiment goes. In the mean time, I'll focus on getting ahead of the "game" instead of being a step or two (or three or several) steps behind.
2 comments:
She looks adorable, and has the body for it!
How DARLING!!!! What a great things you guys are doing for the twins...I truly believe that they would enjoy it better!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment