Monday, July 6, 2009

A weekend of firsts

Robert let us know this weekend that he's pretty much finished with baby food. The pureed stuff is vehemently rejected and he reaches for whatever everyone else is eating. I'm well aware of the recommendation to introduce one food at a time so one can easily identify allergies, if any. Robert, however, doesn't seem to want to follow this well-reasoned recommendation. So far we are doing fine.

First popsicle.


First watermelon.
First steak.
(As soon as the thief's act was caught on film, the delicious meat was removed from his fast little hands - much to his dismay.)

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Ah, just let him eat whatever he wants while he will try it all!

birdie said...

it was so fun to see you guys over the 4th. robert is such a sweet little nugget - i say to heck with the whole baby food thing.

it all comes out in the wash anyway.

Candice said...

I can't believe he is almost a year. Hey, I will be in Utah for a few weeks starting this weekend. We should try to get together. I'll email you once I am back.

Becki said...

He is so cute Julie! We had the kids over last night for a bit and they were all so fun but Robert was just such a sweetheart. He is growing up too fast!!

Leslie said...

That's so funny! He's such a CUTIE!