Saturday, June 21, 2008

Going Private

I am in the midst spending my precious free time calling credit card companies to explain that the card recently opened in my name was not opened by me, needs to be closed, and could they please remove it from my credit report. Turns out my identity was stolen just after I legitimately opened a credit card a few months ago.

Result: deserved paranoia.

I'm not a fan of private blogs because they don't show up on my Google Reader account and so I forget to check in as often as I'd like. Also, I enjoy hearing that a friend or relative I didn't know was reading found us from another friend's or family member's blog. That said, due to the above explanation, I'm joining those who have chosen to go private.

So, those of you out there who are interested in keeping up on the lives of our kids (since that's basically the substance of all of my posts), please leave a comment or send me an email at this temporary address (goingprivate888@gmail.com) so I can send you an invite. We love you all and want to stay in touch!

18 comments:

birdie said...

Make sure to include us!

Digger la Duke said...

Does this mean that I won't be able to read your blog anymore?

Becki said...

Us too =)

emily said...

sign us up please. i'm pretty sure you have my email address....

TnD said...

Don't leave me out. I love to have updates on the kiddies!

2x2momma said...

Sorry to hear about your identity theft! That sucks, make sure you send Ian and I your new blog address!!
xo
the Puentes

Leslie said...

So sorry,hope you were able to fix that problem. Please lets us know your new blog address.

Leslie

Jenny said...

Julie, that absolutely stinks. Let us know the new link so we can keep ourselves posted. Also, any chance you have some time the first week of August for lunch or dinner? We'll be in town, Nate from the 1st- 8th, and me and kids until the 19th. When are you due, by the way?

richards.jenny@gmail.com

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

oh no! stolen identity?! boo! that sucks! add us when you go private--you have our emails, right? JIC:
laurel_schroeder@hotmail.com
I know Ben has Ian's.

nyclizzie said...

You need LifeLock! Seriously, call them now, get on their service because this may go on and on for years.

I'm so sorry, it's everyone's worst nightmare, but I was talking to the GM at the local Sears the other day and he said that was the main employee theft there--capturing customer's info when they open up a new credit account. Nice, huh!?

And btw, please keep us on your list! xoxo

Amberly said...

I love popping in from time to time and seeing your little ones, put us on your list please! amberly.robinson@gmail.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
di said...

put us on the list when you go private. you have my email. :)

Bobbie said...

Ah! That is my fear--I hope you get it all resolved. We'd love to keep checking in on your new blog. Let us know.

Mindi said...

I think I already mentioned this in my last email, but just in case.. make sure I'm included! :)

Kristi said...

Hope you'll add me. I love seeing what the New Yorkers (ok now Salt Lakers) are up to.
j8kwilliams@gmail.com

The Jackson Three said...

sign me up! nicole.jackson@gmail.com

Sheree said...

Put me on your list please!!!